Rock climbing performance, climbing sport longevity, and your optimal climbing body composition are ultimately the product of the quality and consistancy of your training volume and recovery. The purpose of useful. is supporting your highest workloads possible, providing you the strategies to do more, and recover faster than anyone else.
—> Why work with Tom Herbert?
—> What’s included in the coaching?
—> What do climbers think about the coaching?
Coaching is available internationally, online, and provides unlimited video calls and text support.
🖐️ £100 off 6 week, £150 off 3 months coaching if booked by 18 Dec 2023. Pay £300 upfront, and start any date in 2024.
£500 / Unlimited Calls
£300 upfront, £200 next month
For climbers looking to completely change their understanding of climbing performance, recovery, and body composition nutrition.
Unlimited video calls, guarantee all your questions are answered, and you are equipped with the most effective climbing sports nutrition strategies.
Coaching can be extended on a monthly subscription.
£800 / Unlimited Calls
£300 upfront, £250 next two months
For climbers preparing for upcoming projects, competitions, and wanting to optimize their climbing performance, recovery, and body composition.
With unlimited video calls, we can meet weekly, tailoring every aspect of your nutrition and supplementation to your training, tapering, project, and competition schedule.
Recommended package for those wanting support and guidance from previous restricted eating behaviors.
£200 / 2-Hour Call
Not a coaching package, but a single 2-hour video call, where we evaluate your food and training journal, discuss nutrition, diet, and supplement strategies in relation to your goals, and have all your questions answered.
£100 discount off any future coaching package.
Coaching packages include the following services…
- Unlimited video calls, we meet as much as you want
- Text messaging for correspondence and collaboration
- Google sheet detailing nutrition programming and strategies
- Online access to over 25,000 words of evolving documentation and guides
- Online access to useful. paywalled content and articles
- Cronometer Gold Subscription, the most accurate, comprehensive nutrition tracking app
- Sequence Training Subscription, climbing and training scheduling and tracking platform
- UK only / Discounted DEXA and 3D body composition analysis
- UK only / Discounted blood testing and health biomarker profiling
- UK only / Discounted RMR, VO2 Max metabolic testing
Coaching packages can be extended on subscription.
- Unlimited Subscription: £150 per month
- Full coaching services with unlimited text messaging and video calls.
- Limited Subscription: £100 per month
- Full coaching services with unlimited text messaging, and one hour video call.
Previous clients wanting to return for further coaching later, do so on these prices.
Why work with Tom Herbert?
Since August 2019, Tom Herbert has supported a mix of over 270 professional and amateur sport and boulder climbers from around the world in 24 countries.
Tom has worked with a number of professional IFSC ranked competition climbers and paraclimbers representing the UK, USA, Ukraine, and Saudi Arabia national teams. Outside the competition circuit, he continues to support climbers pushing the highest limits of their sport.
useful. coaching has supported athletes working with: ROAP coaching, Lattice Training, Power Company Climbing, Camp4 Human Performance, Precision Climbing, Kaizen Climbing Coaching, Natasha Barnes, and many more independent coaching providers.
An outlier amongst his peers, contrasting the standard consultation model, Tom’s conversation-led “long form coaching” approach provides clients with unlimited video support calls—over 2100 hours of conversations so far. With a genuine interest in people and their stories, his empathetic and patient approach has seen him supporting transgender athletes, neurodiverse individuals, and those with disordered eating backgrounds.*
In furthering his support development, Tom is currently training in Cognitive-Behavioural Hypnotherapy (CBH).
*Please be aware that coaching is not suitable for those who have existing eating disorders. This specific counselling and therapeutic work requires a specialist, and is outside of Tom Herbert’s scope of practice.
Want to ask if coaching right for you, or any questions? email@example.com
—> Choose your coaching package
- Rowaida Alerwi - Silver Medalist, Saudi Games 2023
- Abdulrahman Abughazala - Finalist, Saudi Games 2023
- Paloma Slowik – USA Climbing Youth team selection
- Hazel Findlay – Esclatamasters (9a / 5.14d) at Perles, Spain
- Robbie Phillips – Longhope Direct (E10 / 7a) at St John Head, Scotland
- Aidan Roberts – Ongoing… Burden of Dreams (9a / V17) at Lappnor, Finland
- Hamish McArthur – 2022 World Championship Season
- Maximillian Milne – 2022 World Championship Season
- Fedir Samoilov – 2021 World Championship Season
- Anoushe Husain – Guinness World Record